1. Worship - Our Vision is to become multi-generational (like our community) Holy Spirit led worship that is connected with God. We believe and are committed to providing a culturally relevant (with and eye on the present and future) vital multi-generational worship experience which is Biblically based, Christ centered and theologically sound in which persons encounter the Spirit of God and develop a relationship with Jesus Christ.
2. Disciples - Our Vision is to become a church of "Caring Connectedness." We believe that the process of becoming disciples of Jesus involves equipping believers with practical strategies for integrating the truths of Scripture into a lifestyle that glorifies God. Its focus is developing Biblical thinking and learning faith-based responses to the circumstances of life.
3. Small Groups - Our Vision for Small Groups is to provide intentional Small Groups that are up-looking, structured and healthy. We believe in an intentional small group ministry where healthy relationships are fostered and people are equipped to pursue God and delight in Him at very personal and practical levels. We seek to encourage on another, build up one another in faith and pursue the joy in God through Christian fellowship. We believe that small groups provide Christians with the opportunity for spiritual growth, and hold Christians accountable for putting their faith into action.
4. Scriptures - Our Vision is to become a church that is "Centered in Christ" and empowered by a mature understanding of the Scriptures. We believe that the Bible tells the true story of God's love for God's creation and the gift of salvation shown through the birth, life, death and resurrection of Jesus Christ and that it serves to guide our lives as Christians and and as a faith community. We intend to be a biblically based church, a loving, nurturing community that provides an environment that empowers Christians to grow and mature in their walk with the Lord.
5. Outreach - Our Vision is a Holy Spirit led, active and engaged outreach where people use their gifts and look for ways to serve. We believe that one of the great ends of the church is to be a Spirit led people who express their "love for their neighbors" and promote and exhibit the Kingdom of Heaven through providing and caring for the communities in which the church lives and bears its witness. We believe that outreach and service projects are an important means for connecting people to Jesus Christ.
6. Building - Our Vision is to use the building to reach more people by depending on God's promises. We are committed to depending on the promise of God that He will build His church. Continued view of providing adequate facilities to meet the needs of a growing congregation. Our desire is that ministry and mission will always take priority over building and facilities.
7. Stewardship - Our Vision is to develop a mature culture of giving that has the needed resources available and supports foreign mission. We believe that Christian stewardship is a personal covenant between the individual (and family) and God. In this covenant, we recognize two important things: (1) God is the owner of all, and (2) everything that we have and enjoy is a gift from our gracious God and is therefore to be used for God's honor and glory. We believe that stewardship is a "faith commitment" that we make to God, not to West Highland Baptist Church. We believe that this commitment begins with the giving of ourselves totally and completely to Jesus Christ as Savior and Lord and flows out of a heart of joy and gratitude for the grace and love God has poured into our lives and is not done out of a sense of duty or from guilt. Stewardship involves gratitude for all God's gifts and using them in ways that honor God and bless others.
8. Evangelism - Our Vision is to seek a local emphasis and an outward focus as we minister and develop relationships. We believe that evangelism is the role of every Christian. We believe we are to be a dynamic spiritual church empowered by the Holy Spirit to share Christ with as many people as possible in our church, community and throughout the world. Acts 1:8 - "you will recieve power when the Holy Spirit comes on you; and you will be My witnesses in Jerusalem and in all Judea and Samaria and to the ends of the earth."
Attract - These are the people we want to reach out to but who have never come to be a part of anything involving the church. The goal is to invite them.
Welcome - These are people who have come through the door. Someone has greeted them. We have seen them and they have seen us. They have shown up at least once to a small group, class, worship, event, etc. The goal is to get to know them.
Build Relationships - They are starting to connect with Christians and are forming meaningful relationships. The goal is to move deeper than being friends...to lead them to Christ.
Transform - This group is involved in studying about Christ, faith, salvation, etc. (Jesus 101) plays a role in that study). The goal of this study is for them to be baptized/become a Christian.
Integrate - These are baptized Christians who have not yet gotten involved in ministry. The goal is to get them involved in ministering to others and being involved in the mission of the church.
9. New Church Development - Our Vision is to develop our home base and use multiple services to enable us to start church plants. We believe that healthy, mature congregations start new churches in their desire to share the gospel. Studies have shown that the most effective tool for evangelizing our culture is to start new congregations.
10. Leadership Development - Our Vision is to develop more strong leaders who are mature and prepared. We believe that a healthy church develops leaders that will advance the Kingdom of God and meet the needs of the church in the next generation. We are committed to the ministries of this church being carried out by non-ordained servants. We believe that without a leadership development process, the church cannot successfully fulfill the biblical mission of Christ's church on earth.